Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

THERE'S A NEW BLOGGER IN TOWN!

Hello!

What a day to make my blogging debut - St. Patrick's Day - my very own personal holiday!  There will be lots of laughter, lots of cheer, and lots and lots of blarney to be found here! 

So, let's jump right in - as I have heard a lot of you calling out to me with your Siren Song, "Come on in - the water's fine!"

I have procrastinated . . . I have hesitated.  Oooooh, how, I have hesitated - to join in with the rest of you.  You witty, talented bunch that leave me mesmerized with your lovely words, your beautiful art, your kind worldwide web embraces.  But, I will dip my toes in . . . get my feet wet . . . so to say . . .


There are a few of us still out here on the shore, watching the rest of you backstroke, dip, dive, and swirl . . .  afraid to join in . . .


Ha Ha - what a motley crew we are too!  We watch longingly and jealously from shore as the rest of you weave your creative whirlpools of delight.  The water is up to my ankles and  . . . funny thing . . . I am getting used to it . . . I might even like it a little bit!

Out there, close to the horizon, I see the big shots . . . the Superstars . .  could I possibly play in those uncharted depths some day . . .  isn't it dangerous . . . couldn't I get hurt out there so far from my safe shore?   Will they judge me?  Will I measure up?


 Why, isn't that Ricky Tims I just saw break the surface on the back of a killer whale?



And I'm pretty sure I saw Jinny Beyer ski by gracefully balanced upon two racing dolphins!



Oh, my - it looks so fun out there - so exciting . . . so exhilarating!  Do I dare . . . what could happen to me out there?

And way out there  . . .  beyond the horizon . . . is that . . .  could it be?  Caryl Bryer Fallert?  tinting, dappling, spritzing the horizon with glorious color?



The rest of you were wrong!  The water is not just fine!  The water out there is glorious, stupendous, full of promise and treasure.  I take one last look at my earth-bound and fearful friends waiting on the sand behind me . . .


Take a deep breath . . . NO two!  Hold my nose!  One, two, three running leaps . . . Look out here I come!!!!


Awwwwww - the water's great!

6 comments:

ChitterChatterDesigns said...

What a cute post! So glad to have you out here. Can't wait to see all the exciting things you have to share with us. With the first post being so wonderful, I can tell I am going to have a great time visiting you, as always. Hugs, -Cori

Sparky said...

lovely new beginnings I am all about that...and was already a follower, sew now this official...welcome to blogland my dear patti...the view is quilte nice

carol said...

How fun your blog looks to be.......!! I will be a follower for sure!

Bev said...

Glad you've jumped right in! You've got another follower.

Wendy said...

Hello to you! I jumped in almost a year ago and so glad to see someone else brave the waters ... and to do so with such flair! I've become a follower and look forward the ride :)

Annieofbluegables said...

My goodness what a cute post. I think you will do WELL
~a