Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Do you have your own "Gayle?"

A Friend will bail you out of jail; a great friend will be sitting right there next to you saying "WOW! Didn't we have a fabulous time?"  I have a lot of acquaintances, but only a handful of really great friends.

Great friends, in my humble opinion, are the ones who are cheerleader, therapist, shoulder-to-cry-on, partner-in-crime (figuratively), and yes, critic!  Quite simply, my definition of friend is someone who tells you what you need to know . . . NOT what you want to hear!

One of my great friends is all that and then some.  Best of all, she never fails to make me double over with laughter no matter where we are or what we are doing!  I love her today, tomorrow, and forevermore!

The only weakness my great friend has is that she never says No! and never ever ever ever will let anybody pay her back for a favor.

So, last weekend, I gave my friend a pay-back she couldn't refuse.


 I love this pattern and have made several purses from it.  No matter what fabric you choose, it always turns out beautifully and with professional results. 


And, inside I hid all this yummy goodness:


She loved it!  And, best of all, it made me feel all warm and fuzzy to make her so happy!!!

So, if you have a Gayle for your Oprah, a Lucy for your Ethel, or a Laverne for your Shirley:

 


Love her today, tomorrow, and forevermore!

I love you, Karen

Yes, that is a pair of scissors sticking out of Karen's head!


P.S.  Here's your chance for a "Shout-Out" to your own BFF - tell us your favorite story of a great friend!

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a nice post - to say thank you sometimes is the simplest of things.

KaReN said...

AHHHH....If only the world knew the whole story....How Patticakes can make me laugh like no other (after all, laughter is the best medicine) she listens to all of my problems both good and bad, she inspires me even when I'm trying my hardest not to be inspired. She has taught me amazing things and has helped fill a void that no-one but her could do...so ya she is my Oprah, Ethal and my Shirley all rolled up into one and I am so lucky and blessed to have her in my life!! P.S. I LOVE THE BAG...! IT IS NOW MY PURSE!!

Wendy said...

I'm so happy for both of you that you have each other ... you are both truly blessed!!